“The closer our expectations are confined to God, the higher our expectations may be raised”
Matthew Henry: from The Treasury of David, notes on Psalm 125
For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him (Psalm 62:5)
- What are my expectations for the day, week, month, year ahead?
- How much do I rely on the love of God?
- How many of my hopes for the future are based on what I can do or what others can do for me?
- If faith is of more worth than gold how rich am I in faith?
- Where is my hope?
- Am I filled with vain daydreams or are my expectations confined to the all-powerful, all loving, all-knowing, ever-present God?
- Am I prepared to wait in silence for God to reveal Himself?