These dozen proverbs are written as advice on how to live well in the digital world of Google + and other social media networks. They are inspired by The Book of Proverbs chapter 18. Enjoy!
Any friend/follower/circle dude who is interested only in themselves is basically a ball of spit
Loners who care only for themselves spit on the common good. 18:1
- If you can’t listen, think and respond, you are basically just slobbering on your keyboard (tablet/phone)
Fools care nothing for thoughtful discourse; all they do is run off at the mouth. 18:2
- There are bucket-loads of crap posts but a few finely crafted gems
Many words rush along like rivers in flood, but deep wisdom flows up from artesian springs. 18:4
- A dumbass post starts pointess fights, HIT MUTE
The words of a fool start fights; do him a favor and gag him. 18:6
- In all seriousness, what you post changes who you are
Fools are undone by their big mouths; their souls are crushed by their words. 18:7
- Don’t learn to hit the mute button? You will end up with a bellyache
Listening to gossip is like eating cheap candy; do you really want junk like that in your belly? 18:8
- Social media is a co-operative canvas, bad habits and lazy posts are ugly graffiti on top of inspired sketches
Slack habits and sloppy work are as bad as vandalism. 18:9
- You look stupid and rude when you comment without reading the post
Answering before listening is both stupid and rude. 18:13
- Read carefully, if you are wise, the daily insight will stick
Wise men and women are always learning, always listening for fresh insights. 18:15
- Be generous with your comments, people will notice
A gift gets attention; it buys the attention of eminent people. 18:16
- Kind, friendly comments are as good as fresh fruit on a hot day
Words satisfy the mind as much as fruit does the stomach; good talk is as gratifying as a good harvest. 18:20
- When it comes down to it, life is really about people, wives and husbands, friends and family, boyfriends and girlfriends, sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, mums and dads, and all those other people you should be loving right now, including those on the other end of the internet connection.
Find a good spouse, you find a good life— and even more: the favor of God!…… Friends come and friends go, but a true friend sticks by you like family. 18:22&24
Proverbs chapter 18 is practical wisdom for living life well. It covers many subjects, marriage, friendship, work and much more.
Tucked away in the middle of this collection of pragmatic guidelines is a real odd ball. It’s simply out of place. Or is it perfectly placed? Here is 18:10
God’s name is a place of protection— good people can run there and be safe.
At the centre of life is the name and nature of God; All powerful, all knowing God who is homeFeatured Image: Some rights reserved by andrewrennie